Military candidates may arrange to sit for the ABGD Written Examination at military facility test sites.
All candidates testing at at military facility test sites must submit a letter on official letterhead to the ABGD office from the Commanding Officer and Test Control Officer (TCO) at the site that confirms that the CO or TCO will administer and secure the examination until it is returned to the American Board.
The Written Examination application and fee must be received no later than 60 days prior to the test date for all candidates within the continental United States and 90 days prior to the test date for all candidates outside the continental United States.
Application Deadlines: ABGD Testing Information
Those candidates testing at their assigned military facility within the continental U.S. or abroad MUST submit a letter to the ABGD office from the Commanding Officer of their assigned military facility.
The letter MUST contain the following information:
- Name of the Test Control Officer (TCO) who will administer the examination
- Shipping address for the examination
- Contact telephone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses of both the Commanding Officer and TCO
- Commanding Officer Letter
- A statement confirming that the Commanding Officer or TCO will administer the exam and secure it until it is returned to the American Board of General Dentistry
- The letter (written on Official Letterhead) must confirm the name of the candidate who will be sitting for the examination
- The signature of the Commanding Officer and TCO
PLEASE NOTE: An Examination Agreement will be faxed to the CO/TCO to sign and must be returned to the ABGD office in order to sit for the exam.
Each candidate must also submit:
- Written Exam Application and Fee
- Signed Honor Code
- Signed Release of Scores Waiver